It’s time to pore over those summer sailing photos… The 2021 OGA Photographic Competition is now open!
The categories are:
Photographs of gaffers in any situation: at work, rest or in repair. The photograph can be of one or many boats; and of the whole boat, or of any detail. The photograph should convey the special qualities attached to sailing gaffers.
Life at Sea
Photographs focusing on a human story, situation or atmosphere. The best or the worst: peace, excitement or misery!
The closing date is 1st December 2021. Winners will be announced at the OGA AGM in January 2022.
A selection of nautical books will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each Category.
OGA PHOTOGRAPHIC COMPETITION RULES
- Photographs must have been taken between 1st January and 1st December 2021, by the entrant.
- Entries are limited to two photographs per category for each entrant.
- All entries must be in High Resolution format (original/actual size of image as taken on your camera/device); and be uploaded direct to the OGA website
- Submission of an entry gives the OGA permission to use the image in print and online
- Photographs must include a title – a brief, imaginative heading to convey mood or atmosphere. This forms part of the entry and may influence the judging. The title (max. 20 characters) should be supported by a caption – concise, factual data giving name of boat, location and other relevant details (max. 60 characters).
For last year’s OGA photo competition results, see W148 (July/August 2021). Back issues of WaterCraft £7 a copy including postage to anywhere in the world: www.watercraft-magazine.com/back-issues